"Brewed Beauty" Call for Entries
Submissions Due: February 27, 2017 at 9 p.m.
Notification of Acceptance: February 28, 2017
Artwork Due to Gallery: March 1, 2017
Exhibit Opening: March 3rd, 2017
Dating back to Ancient Egypt, humans have made beer. Over the centuries, humans have perfected beer making from fermented, water-soaked crumbled bread into a grain-brewing artistry that has produced the many breweries and tasty beer varieties we have today. Whether one prefers top fermenting ales or bottom fermenting lagers, it can be agreed amongst all that beer is a beautiful thing. The Parliament Arts Organization is looking for artists to help us celebrate beer by submitting works made out of beer accoutrement and/or works that exemplify beer appreciation for our Brewed Beauty exhibition.
What We're Looking For:
- Ready-To-Hang Pieces: 40x40 or smaller
- Installation Pieces: 2 feet or smaller, 10 pounds or lighter
How to Submit:
Please send the following information to Alexandra Dwyer at Alexandra@ParliamentYork.org
- Full name, Address, and Phone Number
- Up to 10 High Resolution Images that clearly depict the artwork. All files MUST be named as follows:
- First name Last name_Title of piece_Medium_Height x Width.jpg - Example: John Smith_Untitled_Mixed Media_10x14.jpg).
- We ask that all images are high-quality for marketing and promotional purposes. Credit will be given, if images are used.
- Pricing for each piece.
- Artist statement describing the submitted piece(s) and artist's appreciation of beer.
- All entries MUST be received on or before Friday, February 27, 2017. Artists will be notified of acceptance on Saturday, February 28, 2017.
- Upon acceptance, artwork will be due to the gallery by Wednesday March 1, 2017. You can make an appointment for drop off at any hour that suits best for your schedule.
- "Brewed Beauty" Opening Reception: First Friday March, 3, 2017 from 5-9pm.
- For additional information contact our Executive Director, Alexandra Dwyer at Alexandra@ParliamentYork.org or go to www.parliamentyork.org