"Collusion Tap Works Beer Label Contest"
Call for Entries
Submissions Due: March 1, 2017 at 9 p.m.
Notification of Acceptance: March 2, 2017
Exhibit Opening: March 3, 2017
In partnership with Collusion Tap Works, The Parliament Arts Organization is excited to announce a beer label contest to coincide with our "Brewed Beauty" exhibition. The winning label will be chosen by the public and subsequently paired with Collusion's "Optical Delusion" Golden Stout variety on a brown 22-oz bottle.
- Over the years, many craft breweries have merged brewing and the visual arts by collaborating with artists to create mascots. The Parliament Arts Organization is inviting artists to develop their own unique Parliament owl creature to be integrated into your label design. Example of this concept here.
- Submit your label design for Optical Delusion by March 1, 2017.
- The Designer retains copyright in the designs, and hereby grants The Parliament Arts Organization and Collusion Tap Works unlimited but non-exclusive rights to use or reproduce the designs.
- At the "Brewed Beauty" opening reception on Friday, March 3, 2017, Collusion's 10 favorite labels will be displayed. The public will vote for the top label and the winner will be revealed near the end of the evening. Contest winner will receive a case of the beer at the April opening and a $250 cash prize.
- On Friday, April 7, 2017, The Parliament will host a reception to unveil the winning label on the beer, which will be available for purchase.
- The Beer Description for the label:
- This tasty conundrum is a paradox in a glass. This golden stout is bursting with aromas of semisweet baker's chocolate, roasted coffee, and toasted oats.
- Additional Beer Taste Info: "Optical Delusion" - 8% Golden Stout: a gold colored beer with the flavors of a dark stout with hints of cacao nibs, coffee beans, and vanilla beans.
All contest entries must include*:
- Collusion Tap Works Logo.
- An owl!
- 22 OZ
- 8% ABV
- Parliament X Collusion as small text (Front Label)
- The beer name "Optical Delusion" (Front and/or Back Label)
- The beer description (Back Label)
- Brewed in York Pennsylvania (Back Label)
- Collusions logo, 105 S Howard St, York Pa (Back Label)
- GOVERNMENT WARNING: (1) According to the Surgeon General, women should not drink alcoholic beverages during pregnancy because of the risk of birth defects. (2) Consumption of alcoholic beverages impairs your ability to drive a car or operate machinery and may cause health problems (ON BACK LABEL)
- Why all these requirements? Because it's mandatory, review mandatory labeling guidelines from the government.
* If you don't meet these requirements, we'll delete your contest entry.
Two high resolution CMYK images for the front and back label (separate labels) in a pdf format that adheres to this template:
How To Submit:
- Send High Resolution PDF to Alexandra Dwyer at Alexandra@ParliamentYork.org Include:
- Full name, Address, and Phone Number
- Artist Statement explaining work and inspirational process .
All files MUST be named as follows:
First name Last name_Title of piece_CollusionLabel_LabelOrientation.jpg
We ask that all images are high-quality for marketing and promotional purposes. Credit will be given, if images are used.
These are images of a previous Collusion label and are not to scale. Just for demonstration purposes.