Call For Entries
Submissions Due: Aug. 16, 2017 at 9pm.
Notification of Acceptance: August 18, 2017
Artwork Due to Gallery: August 26, 2017
Exhibit Opening: Sept. 1, 2017
The Parliament Arts Organization is looking for artists who want to quickly engage in current events. Artists are invited to contribute artworks that are produced daily in response to ongoing social issues, contributing to a constantly changing exhibition.
This exhibit requires the artist to work at our gallery at least once per week. The artist is encouraged to explore different forms of media. The “Crisis Chamber” is meant to be a carefully prepared environment for hectic bursts of a developing creation.
How to Submit:
Please send the following information to Alexandra Dwyer at Alexandra@ParliamentYork.org
- Full name, Address, and Phone Number
- Please provide an artist's statement.
- Please provide work samples or visuals.
- Tell us what social issues speak to you.
- What is your preferred medium?
- What do you hope to gain from this residency?
- All entries MUST be received on or before Wednesday, August 16, 2017. Artists will be notified of acceptance on Friday, August 18, 2017.
- Upon acceptance, artwork will be due to the gallery by Saturday, August 26, 2017. Gallery Hours: Thursday - Saturday, 11a - 3p. Additional drop off hours can be arranged if needed.
- "Crisis Chamber" Opening Reception: First Friday Sept. 1, 2017 from 5-9pm.
- For additional information contact our Executive Director, Alexandra Dwyer at Alexandra@ParliamentYork.org or go to www.parliamentyork.org