Call For Entries
Submissions Due: April 19, 2017 at 9pm.
Notification of Acceptance: April 21, 2017
Artwork Due to Gallery: April 29, 2017
Exhibit Opening: May 5, 2017
This year we are collaborating with the York County Prison system to create a Prison Art exhibit containing new art created by current inmates at the York County Prison. The goal is to bring the artwork of incarcerated artists into the public realm in order to humanize prisoners, break stereotypes and create dialogue about incarceration.
Through this collaboration the PAO has realized that there is a history of unique art created by incarcerated individuals. The PAO is looking for work created by former or current inmates while in the prison system to display along with the newly created pieces. The inmate should be a resident of York County, or have rented a room at the York County Prison at the time the piece was created. We ask that you submit images of you work along with an artist statement that describes a bit of history to the piece. This is a mixed medium exhibit and all pieces will be considered.
How to Submit:
Please send the following information to Alexandra Dwyer at Alexandra@ParliamentYork.org
- Full name, Address, and Phone Number
- Up to 10 High Resolution Images that clearly depict the artwork. All files MUST be named as follows:
- First name Last name_Title of piece_Medium_Height x Width.jpg (Example: John Smith_Untitled_Mixed Media_10x14.jpg).
- We ask that all images are high-quality for marketing and promotional purposes. Credit will be given, if images are used.
- Pricing for each piece.
- Artist statement describing the submitted piece(s) and artist's appreciation of beer.
- All entries MUST be received on or before Wednesday, April 19, 2017. Artists will be notified of acceptance on Friday, April 21, 2017.
- Upon acceptance, artwork will be due to the gallery by Saturday, April 29, 2017. Gallery Hours: Thursday - Saturday, 11a - 3p. Additional drop off hours can be arranged if needed.
- "Prison Art" Opening Reception: First Friday May 5, 2017 from 5-9pm.
- For additional information contact our Executive Director, Alexandra Dwyer at Alexandra@ParliamentYork.org or go to www.parliamentyork.org