Open Position - Programs Director
The Parliament Arts Organization
The mission of The Parliament Arts Organization is to empower artists. We strive to be an innovative leader of a diverse and thriving arts community as well as a strategic partner in creating an open, inclusive, and vibrant place for artists, residents, businesses, and tourists. Parliament York was founded in 2011, and then became a 501(c)(3) non-profit in 2015.
Parliament York fulfills its mission by offering programs and special events in the City of York. Programs include: artists talk series, parliament presents, a summer music series, figure drawing classes, writing, poetry readings, and an all ages open mic. Special events include: First Fridays at The Parliament, King Street Jam, Arts Alive, Decked Out and other fundraising events throughout the year. On top of the Parliaments retail gallery location, we also have two additional gallery locations: Gallery110, and Venture, to create continuous support and locations for artists to showcase their work.
To assist the Executive Director with program initiatives including: event creation and implementation; administrative duties, fundraising objectives; marketing efforts for The Parliament, Gallery110, and Venture.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization.
· Analyze programs’ impact based on the needs of the community.
· In consultation with the Executive Director, recruit, interview and select well-qualified volunteers for appropriate program activities.
· Administrative duties for the organization.
· Participates with the Executive Director on development and implementation of programming initiatives.
· Research/follow-through with fundraising prospects and keeping in contact with current donors and volunteers
· Hands on approach to all marketing and communications efforts to help create a dignified brand for The Parliament.
· Assisting with day to day operations for our retail locations
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Expected to work on location during our open gallery hours.
Employee will ideally have their own laptop.
· Motivated self-starter, with professional attitude
· Critical thinker and problem solver
· Strong customer service skills and entrepreneurial spirit
· Creative thinker and business drive
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to interact with various social and civic organizations
· Willingness to step up outside of normal business hours to get the job done
· Basic computer knowledge and photographic skills
· Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Google Drive, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
· Knowledge of Squarespace and Asana is preferred, but not required
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. To be considered for the position, submit a current resume, salary requirements, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full-time